It’s that time of year again, when people start thinking about their New Year’s fitness and health resolutions.
So, I just wanted to give you a few tips.
1. Don’t just say you want to work out, that’s too general. Set specific days you’ll train/workout in the gym each week.
2. Create a workout program so that when you go to the gym, track, or field, you’ll have a daily recipe for success – this will keep you from wandering around from one piece of equipment to another and wasting valuable time.
3. Make reasonable and achievable goals – take small steps and be persistent. Just get started.
4. If you miss your workout today, don’t fret, go tomorrow, but do not make a habit of skipping your workout times.
5. Choose exercises that you like to do for your program or, design your program using our ‘my workout‘ system. It’s quick, easy, and scientifically based to help you achieve your goals.
6. Watch what you eat. Try to eat healthy and avoid sugar except once or twice per week.
7. Stick with it because your goals will be long term, not for only 2-3 weeks. Remember, it’s simple, get started and slowly increase your intensity.
As you go through the holidays, give some thought next week to what you really want to accomplish with your health and fitness; make plans and get started the first week of the new year.
From all of us at My Health and Fitness – the New Year will be your year – we wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year!