Physical Fitness is the ability of the human body to function with vigor and alertness, without undue fatigue, and with enough energy to engage in leisure activities, while meeting physical stresses of everyday life.
On this website, you will learn that fitness is not about being thin, having a small waist, or necessarily having bulging muscles.
Fitness is a combination of qualities that enable you to be at your full potential for performing vigorous physical activities, whether a leisurely stroll in the park, a hike in the mountains, or a triathlon; whether a beginning fitness buff or a professional athlete. Physical Fitness involves the performance of the heart, lungs, and the muscles of the body. More importantly, fitness considers our Cardio Respiratory Endurance, Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, and Flexibility. To some extent, Fitness also influences our mental and emotional development since what we do with our bodies also affects what we can do with our minds.
Although Physical Fitness and good health influence each other, they are not the same. Healthy people could be physically unfit due to lack of exercise. On the other hand, Physically Fit people perform their everyday tasks effortlessly. The MyHealthandFitness website will view fitness from different professional viewpoints and looks at the General Fitness Exercises and Workout Equipment. We will empower you to be your own fitness expert by helping you set achievable and realistic fitness goals and provide you with all the information and methods you need to achieve them. You will understand exercise physiology from a lay level, the various types of fitness and exercise programs and what may suit you best. Start on the path to becoming your own fitness expert today!
- July 20, 2017Are you having difficulty building those guns? How many biceps exercises have you done? If...
- June 6, 2017How much do you really know about the difference between losing weight from cardio versus...
- April 20, 2017Do you feel out of sync with your gym buddies and exercises partners? We all...
- April 7, 2017Have you ever taken a fitness or martial arts class and the instructor is overweight?...
- Hammer Curl
- Glute Ham Raise
- Hanging Leg Raise
- Romanian Deadlift (RDL)
- Chin-up Hangs
- Walking Lunge
- Pull ups
- Kettlebells for Women
- Women’s Fitness Q&A
- Health Issues Specifically For Women (Young or Old) THE FEMALE ATHLETE TRIAD
- Use of Hormones Increases Breast Cancer Risk: Risk Returns to Normal After Hormone Use Stops
- Children’s Q&A
- Resistance Training for Children
- Physical Activity Message for Adolescents and Young Adults